Is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Useful For Acne?
Posted on April 15 2021
ll of us have had to go through this at least once in a lifetime. From home remedies to expert advice, we all have tried several ways to treat it. Youths find this as something super tough to deal with. It may sound like a riddle to you, but I am sure all of you know the obvious answer…
Guys, in what better way can I introduce your hatred term ‘acne’?
Be it as an adult or a teenager, dealing with acne never finds it easy. Tackling with it and coming out triumphant will make anyone feel like the battle has been won….If something can wreck a person’s confidence, acne will top the list, especially true for girls…
In our previous blogs on apple cider vinegar, we have got you covered on how it is made, its benefits for weight loss, skin benefits, how to store it and multiple health benefits.
This article will introduce to you a simple, natural, organic and effective ingredient for acne...apple cider vinegar, which has been used as a skincare substitute for ages and is currently enjoying back its reputation.
REASON FOR ACNE
The exact reason for acne formation cannot be precisely determined, there could be varying reasons for its occurrence. In general, acne results because of hormonal variations, excessive sebum secretion, toxin accumulation on the skin. Acne breakouts occur when keratin, a protein in the skin build up in skin pores and form a plug. Sometimes, Propionibacterium acnes, a type of bacteria on the skin has also been shown to contribute to the development of acne.
TOP 5 WAYS HOW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HELPS WITH ACNE?
The composition of apple cider vinegar has potential benefits for acne.
1. REGULATES SKIN pH: Healthy skin lies on the acidic end of the pH spectrum (5-5.5), your skin’s natural pH is disrupted by soaps, environmental factors, pollutants, harsh chemical-laden skin products that will all contribute to acne. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar gives it the acidic profile (5) which is similar to the pH of the acid mantle of the skin. By regulating pH balance, apple cider vinegar helps guard the skin against infections and acne.
2. ANTIBACTERIAL: Modern day living is overloaded with dirt, impurities which can lead to irritating acne breakouts. Acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is keratolytic and antibacterial, it acts as an astringent, helps to restrict the dilation of the skin pores. This helps remove acne scars and blemishes on the skin.
3. EXFOLIATES: When applied topically, acetic acid in apple cider vinegar exfoliates the uppermost layer of the skin, unblocks blocked pores revealing skin that appears smoother, firmer and cleaner and free from acne.
4. REGULATES EXCESS OIL: Excess oil on the skin is the breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria. Apple cider vinegar brings back your skin’s natural pH level, making it impossible to allow extra oil to accumulate on your skin.
5. WORKS AS DETOX DRINK: Digestive wellbeing is crucial for healthy skin. Apple cider vinegar mimics the acid level of your stomach, helps flush out gastrointestinal toxins.
AS-IT-IS ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
While many varieties of apple cider vinegar are sold in the market today, it is imperative to buy the best quality vinegar. So, how do you decide which one is the best? Always prefer to buy the organic variety of apple cider vinegar with the ‘mother’. Organic variety is made from organically harvested apples that go through very restricted treatment in the orchard. The apple cider vinegar you choose should be unfiltered, unpasteurized, undiluted and unrefined.
Organic apple cider vinegar boasts more health benefits than its conventional counterpart.
AS-IT-IS organic apple cider vinegar meets all these requirements.
HOW TO USE ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO FIND REMEDY FROM ACNE?
USE AS FACE WASH
1. Mix a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar with your regular herbal face wash.
2. Massage it on your face gently in a circular motion and rinse as usual.
3. Rinse with cool water, pat dry and apply moisturizer.
USE AS TONER
1. Mix a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar with 3 teaspoon water.
2. Mix the ingredients well and apply on the skin with a cotton ball. Leave on skin for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water, pat dry and apply moisturizer.
USE AS FACE MASK
1. Mix a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of activated charcoal, and a teaspoon of bentonite clay (Multani mitti).
2. Make a paste of the ingredients and apply this mixture to your face.
3. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash it off with cool water, pat dry and apply moisturizer.
USE AS DETOX DRINK
Mix one tablespoon (15ml) of apple cider vinegar in a glass (200ml) of water and consume it on empty stomach for a perfect detox.
CAUTION WHILE USING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ON SKIN
Use apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a spot test on the back of your palm to check your allergy level and tolerance for apple cider vinegar (know that everyone’s skin type is different).
Apply a moisturizer every time after rinsing ACV off your face.
People with digestive issues, low potassium levels, or diabetes should consider speaking to a doctor before consuming apple cider vinegar.
Due to its high acidic content exposure of teeth from consuming undiluted apple cider vinegar may damage tooth enamel.
Avoid using apple cider vinegar under the eyes as the skin is particularly sensitive in that area.
Applying apple cider vinegar directly to the skin can be especially damaging to those with sensitive skin, dry skin or open wounds.
Apple cider vinegar is great for men too, it helps create a proper oil balance, stabilizes pH levels of skin without causing any side effects to their facial hair…