The Best Cardio Exercises You Can Try At Home
Posted on February 01 2023
itness workouts don’t always mean performing with equipment in the gym. Fitness exercise can be something as simple as running on the spot, jogging, swimming, dancing, cycling, and skating. Basically, fitness exercise literally means anything that requires physical effort and improves wellness.
When it comes to fitness, there are scores of workouts to try, yet one workout that never goes out of style is a cardio workout. For those who think ‘variety is the spice of life’, cardio workouts are the perfect fit. Cardio workout is one area of workout that offers limitless kinds of variety.
We have listed a set of simple but effective cardio workouts in this blog that not only gets your heart pumping but add variety to your fitness routine and keep you energetic…
Perform each of the below exercise for 40 seconds with 10 seconds rest.
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Lift your right knee as high as possible and raise the opposite arm.
3. Switch quickly so that the left knee is up and your right arm up before landing your right leg.
4. Pick up the pace and continue lifting and lowering between legs in an alternate fashion.
5. Your feet should be lined up directly below your knees.
6. Keep your eyes focused straight ahead, and keep your back straight.
This exercise works your quads, hamstrings, calves, abs, glutes, arms and back.
1. Step forward on your right knee to drop into the lunge position.
2. Your back knee should be above the floor and your right thigh should be parallel to the floor.
3. Quickly jump into the air straight up.
4. Switch your legs in midair, and come back to the lunge position with your left knee placed in front.
5. When in a lunge position, your knees should be at a 90-degree angle.
6. Try to achieve a high jump and a deep lunge each time.
7. Continue lunge, jump, lunge. Keep your chest up when you land in a lunge position, be sure to land with your entire foot.
This exercise works your quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
1. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, your hips low and your arms reached out in front of you.
2. Lean forward slightly from your hips, and push through the balls of your feet.
3. Start running as fast as you can on the spot.
4. Keep your spine neutral, stay low on your run and feel the burn in your quads.
5. Pump your arms in time with your feet, keep your core engaged and maintain a steady rhythm.
6. Each foot should be in contact with the ground for as short time as possible.
This exercise works your outer thighs, quads, calves, and glutes.
1. Stand straight with your feet held together, your torso upright, and your hands by your side.
2. Keeping your core engaged, jump your feet out and land into a sumo squat position. (Your knees should not go beyond your toes, and your hands should be held in front of your chest).
3. Push off using your heels and jump back to the starting position.
This exercise works your glutes, hip flexors, quads, abs, hamstrings, calves, and lower back.
1. Start in an athletic stance with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Begin by pushing off your right foot as you laterally hop onto your left foot.
3. Swing your arms out and laterally leap the back leg forward to switch sides in a skating motion.
4. When your right leg is crossed behind you, your right arm is crossed in front of your body.
5. Control your momentum, repeat the side-side motion, and alternate arms and legs as you can. Shift side to side in a skating motion.
This exercise works the quads, glutes, inner and outer thigh.
1. Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and directly beneath your shoulders.
2. Keep your core engaged, avoid hunching your back and maintain a straight line from head to heel.
3. Draw your right knee in towards your chest (without lifting your hips up), quickly followed by your left knee.
4. Pick your feet as fast as you can to alternate legs.
This exercise works your hamstrings, glutes, abs, legs, arms, and back.
Also Read: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Running
1. Stand tall, keep your chest up and bring one heel off the floor towards your glutes, the opposite hand comes up towards your shoulder like running arms.
2. Don’t move your thighs while you lift your heels.
3. Run in place while kicking your heel up to touch the butt.
This exercise works your hamstrings, quads, glutes, core, and arms.
Perform these exercises in the comfort of your home, at the leisure of your own time and space…
The next time you feel down, or anxious, get yourself moving with these cardio exercises and check for yourself how they empower you to feel more in control…
Follow our Instagram page for the latest updates: badalkhudko