Achieve Flat Tummy & Slim Waist In Just 10 Minutes
Posted on April 21 2021
re you feeling despaired to keep the persistent pouch looking trim? For how long would you continue to pull your tummy in while clicking selfie? No matter the age/weight, obsession with the size of their tummy is a common propensity among every woman.
If you’re complaining that you have tried endless ways to lose belly fat and have trawled the internet in pursuit of finding the best ab exercises to achieve a flat tummy, we have heard your cry! And you have ended at the right place.
A flat tummy and a slim waist are the millennial dream and body ideals of many women, now has come the right time to achieve it. With most of the women doing work from home during this covid season, you’ll be spared a whole lot of time you’d spend for the commute to the office.
Come on ladies, let’s convert flab into fab with 6 targeted workouts that will help you get a toned tummy and flat abs. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes daily for the workout…
Note: Belly fat doesn’t just steal one’s aesthetic looks, it is also the storehouse of many internal problems such as diabetes, heart disease, infertility and more.
What Causes Belly Fat?
Consuming more than the required amount of calories, a slowing metabolism that generally comes with age, heredity, lack of adequate physical activities, loss of muscle mass, hormonal imbalance are the major contributing factors to belly fat.
Before we move to the main part of the blog, here’s a piece of advice for you…
You need to start the workouts with an understanding that initially you may want to limit the number of sets to one or two or may even feel like giving up…you’ll soon learn to feel things easier and will start loving it when you see the progress…
1. Lay on your back on the mat with legs extended in front of you.
2. Engage your core by pressing your lower back into the mat.
3. Lift your right leg off about 6 to 12 inches from the ground.
4. With your core held tight and neck relaxed, balance evenly on the backs of your shoulders.
5. Slowly lower your right leg down toward the ground until it is a few inches above.
6. Then slowly scissor your legs. Lifting your left leg up while you lower your right leg down toward the ground.
7. Continue the scissoring motion by slowly switching your legs up and down for 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
*Your hands should be held by your sides or placed underneath your glutes.
1. Get into the plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders.
2. Your body weight should be evenly distributed between your hands and your toes.
3. Engage your abs and pull your right knee towards your chest.
4. Do the same movement with your other leg, switching between legs as fast as you can.
5. Pull the knees of legs in alternate motion, switching simultaneously so that you are using a running movement.
6. Make sure to keep your hips steady and not move your upper body during the exercise.
7. As your knee draws to the chest, pull your abs in even tighter so your body doesn’t sag or come out of alignment.
8. Try to perform this for one minute.
1. Lie down on your back on the gym mat, keeping your legs straight.
2. Slowly lift your legs and at the same time, raise your upper body off the floor, trying to reach your toes with your hands. Your arms should be extended and parallel to each another.
3. Squeeze your abdominal muscles as you reach your toes. Your body should crunch up to form a V-shape.
4. Then, slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position to finish the first repetition.
5. Try to perform at least 10 repetitions.
1. Lie on the ground on your right side.
2. Come up on to your hand supporting your upper body, your lower body should be rested on toes.
3. Keeping your feet touching, use your obliques to pull your right hip towards the sky, allowing your left arm to extend overhead.
4. Maintain a straight line from head to toe.
5. Pull your core in while you raise your hips up.
6. Repeat on the other side.
7. Rest for 30 seconds on each side.
SINGLE LEG TOE TOUCHES
1. Sit upright in a seated position with your left leg extended in front of you and toes pointed towards the ceiling without bending your knee.
2. Slowly bend your upper body forward from your hips and reach for your toes, extending your arms as far as possible.
3. Hold the stretch for 5 to 10 seconds and then return to the starting position.
4. Do this movement 10 times on the left leg and repeat the same 10 times on the right leg.
5. Try to maintain a flat back position and avoid rounding your back towards the ceiling.
*For those who lack the flexibility needed to touch the toe, hold your closest position to the toes.
1. Lie on your back with your knees stretched and your legs straight up pointed to the ceiling.
2. Straighten your arms by your sides.
3. Keeping your shoulders pressed against the ground, lower both your legs slowly to the right.
4. Slide your legs slowly from right to left and repeat this action for 1 minute.
*If you feel your back hurts while performing this, then try keeping a towel or soft pillow under your hip.
TOP 10 DIETARY TIPS FOR FLAT TUMMY
1. Eat lean protein, whole grains, low-fat dairy products & healthy fats
2. Lower your sodium intake, reduce your portion sizes
3. Eat low-glycemic index food
4. Cut down on sugar intake
5. Eat small, frequent meals
6. Drink plenty of water
7. Cut down on alcohol & processed foods
8. Don’t starve yourself
9. Learn to cope up with stress
10. Get enough sleep
Sweat just 10 minutes daily to lose belly fat and flatten your tummy…with consistency and determination, you’ll achieve a flat tummy in just a few weeks…
Having a flat tummy shouldn't become an obsession, never compare your body to that of others, understand that everyone will have a different body type and no one will look exactly the same…