8 Best Shoulder Strengthening Exercises For Bulk & Stability
Posted on January 22 2022
roader-looking shoulders are a body image ideal that most men aim to achieve. Solid, broad shoulders are a masculine trait that can make a man’s body frame look more proportionate.
The shoulder has three heads – the anterior head, middle head, and posterior head. The shoulder workout needs to hit each of the muscle groups at the proper angle to achieve firmer-looking, bulky shoulders.
The dumbbell exercises suggested in this blog can enhance shoulder strength; improve appearance and posture. Dumbbells are versatile equipment that engages more muscles to build stability in the area of focus.
Perform the exercises for two sets of 10 each, increasing weights, reps, and sets as you build muscle mass. Don’t forget to do some warm-ups before a workout to prevent injuries. Also, consume protein and introduce some carbs; during the recovery period to support those gains.
DUMBBELL LATERAL RAISE
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, back straight holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
2. Raise your arms up to the sides with elbows fully extended until dumbbells reach about shoulder level.
3. Hold for a count while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
4. Then, slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
STANDING OVERHEAD DUMBBELL PRESS
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart holding a dumbbell in each hand just outside your shoulders with an overhand grip.
2. Push the weights overhead with arms fully extended.
3. Press the dumbbells back down to shoulder level.
4. Repeat the action.
STANDING OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSION
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart holding a dumbbell with both hands.
2. Brace your core and raise the dumbbell overhead.
3. Maintain a neutral head, and neck position, squeeze your triceps while maintaining a slight bend in your elbows.
4. When your biceps are next to your ears, bend your elbows to lower the weight behind the head until your arms are straight.
5. Pause for a moment. Then straighten your arms and pull the weights back to the starting position.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart holding dumbbells in front of your thighs with your palms facing towards you.
2. Lift the dumbbells straight up until they are just below your chin, keeping them close to your body.
3. Keep your shoulder back and elbows out when you lift up the dumbbells.
4. Pause for a second when you reach shoulder height.
5. Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the initial position.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart holding a dumbbell on either side of your body.
2. Contract your traps, pull up the weights while bringing your shoulders up and slightly back at the same time.
3. Squeeze your traps hard at the top, pause for a moment.
4. Slowly lower the weights down.
1. Sit on an exercise bench holding a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height with elbows bent and palms facing your body.
2. In one motion, rotate your elbows outward so your palms face forward and push the dumbbells overhead until your arms are fully extended.
3. Pause at the top. Lower the dumbbell to the initial position by rotating the palms of your hands towards you.
INCLINE REVERSE FLY
1. Lie chest down on an incline bench holding a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip close to your body, with palms facing inwards.
2. Extend your arms straight out to the sides until your arms are in line with your shoulders and parallel to the floor.
3. Pause for a moment.
4. Lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
5. Repeat the exercise.
DUMBBELL REAR FLY
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Bend forward at your hips allowing your arms to hang straight down from your shoulders.
3. Make sure your torso is parallel to the floor.
4. Avoid hunching your shoulders, keep your core tight and chin tucked to maintain a neutral spine.
5. With a slight bend in your knees and elbows, pull the dumbbells straight out towards the ceiling using your rear deltoids.
6. Pause at a point when your arms are in line with your body.
7. Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position under control.
Sculpt your upper body through shoulder strength training…Shoulder workouts can add serious size to your shoulders; improve appearance and posture…
Building muscle in the shoulder area is not only great for cutting a solid frame; but allows for a pronounced range of movement, making lifting weights and arm movements (pushing, pulling, throwing) easier…
Follow our Instagram page for the latest updates: badalkhudko