AS-IT-IS Vitamin C Capsules for Immunity & Antioxidant Power 500mg - 60 counts
Rs. 489.00 Rs. 713.00
Get Extra 3% off on Prepaid Orders
- 500mg per serving
- Super Antioxidant
- GMP Certified
- Lab Tested
- Conforms to WADA / NADA
- Country of Origin : India
In case there is a problem with the product, it will be investigated within 48 to 72 hours. Please note that problem must be notified to us through Phone or e-mail within 24 hours of your receiving the product. Our team will do thorough research before approving a refund/replacement.
The customers are requested not to accept the parcel if the outer box is tampered with (damaged).
To claim damages of the product unboxing video is required.
If there is no issue with the product, the same product will be sent back, and shipping charges will be applicable.
Please note that the product should be unused and should be sent back along with the original box and invoice to:
No. 104/4, 1st cross,
timber yard layout, avalahalli,
Mysore Road Bangalore, 560026 Karnataka, India
If the prepaid orders are cancelled before dispatchment, refund will be done after deduction of transaction charges (5% of order value) and courier charges will be deducted after order dispatchment. The courier charges will be calculated as per the pin code.
In case there is a problem with the product, we will replace the product or refund the entire amount plus return shipping charges. Please note that we must be notified of the problem through Phone or e-mail within 24 hours of your receiving the product. After sharing the bank details the refund will be initiated and the amount will be reflected in your bank account with-in 7-10 working days .
Customers are requested to have an unboxing video ready for claims examination.
Please note that the product should be unused and should be sent back along with the original box and invoice to:
Melting Pot Concepts Private Limited,
No. 104/4, 1st Cross, Timber Yard layout, Avalahalli, Mysore Road, Bengaluru: 560026 ,
Terms and Conditions:
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this Site.
Your use of the asitisnutrition.com website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use this Site. "Content" refers to any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on our website, including trademarks, service marks and logos. We may, at any time change the Site and these terms and conditions. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your acceptance of such change. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you use the Site.
Trademark and Copyright Notice. All of the Content on the Site is subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International or one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to us.
Use:You may use the Content of the Site only for your personal, noncommercial use. The content is for informational purposes only.
Copying, downloading, reproducing, modifying, publishing, distributing, transmitting, transferring or creating derivative works from the Content without the prior written consent of Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International is strictly prohibited. We hereby grant permission to you to download, print and store selected portions of the Content for your own personal, non- commercial use. You can not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media, and you can not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you download from the Site.
Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to Sites owned or operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your reference only and we do not control such Sites and we are not responsible for their content. We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party Site at any time and the fact that we provide a Link does not mean that we endorse, authorize or sponsor that Site.
We will be sending promotional Sms and emails to our customers.
Customers can cancel the prepaid orders within 12 hours, before the order is dispatched. Transaction charges applicable for prepaid orders.(if the order is cancelled & not shipped), Transaction charges & courier charges applicable if the order is shipped.
Once the cancellation is initiated within 7 to 10 working days amount will be refunded.
Courier charges & transaction charges applicable for returning the product.
Comments: We welcome your comments, notes, messages, ideas, feedback, suggestions or other communications (collectively, "Comments") concerning the Site, which shall be and remain the exclusive property of Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, only send us comments which you desire to assign to us.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition (By Melting Pot Concepts Private Limited)
No. 104/4, 3rd Floor, 1st cross, timber yard layout, avalahalli, Mysore Road Bangalore, 560026 Karnataka, India
Contact: +91-9741933033 Monday to Saturday ( 9.30 am - 06.00 pm)
Contact: +91-7829108777 Monday to Saturday ( 9.30 am - 06.00 pm)
Vitamin C Capsules
- 3rd PARTY LAB-TESTED SUPPLEMENT: The 100% vegetarian dietary supplement is highly bioavailable, delivers 500mg of vitamin C per serving, and is formulated to support maximum assimilation within the body. It is free of gluten, soy, dairy, corn, sugar, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. The supplement is 3rd party lab-tested to ensure purity, safety, and potency.
- POTENT ANTIOXIDANT: Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin that is transported easily around the body and is utilized efficiently by the cells of the body. The potent antioxidant fights free radicals that damage cells, tissues, and support the growth, development, and repair of body tissues. Our body does not produce vitamin C on its own nor does it store it. Supplemental vitamin C helps boost vitamin C levels in the body required to support optimal health.
- THE BEST IMMUNITY VITAMIN: Vitamin C is one of the best immune system boosters of all which has been shown to support a vast number mechanisms in your body. It helps to stimulate the production and function of white blood cells which are the major component of the immune system. It helps your body to produce important antibodies, the proteins that bind invading microbes to neutralize them. As a powerful antioxidant, it helps to protect the white blood cells from the toxic compounds they produce in their fight against pathogens.
- VITAL INGREDIENT FOR SKINCARE: Vitamin C is a powerhouse ingredient in skincare known for its ability to deliver a brighter complexion, helps even out skin tone, helps skin retain moisture, boost collagen production in the skin, helps prevent UV damage, minimize the visible impact of environmental stress, diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and makes the skin firm and youthful.
- IMPROVES ABSORPTION OF IRON: Iron is used by the body in the production of red blood cells that transport oxygen throughout the body. Vitamin C has been shown to significantly improve the absorption of iron into the body and can reduce the risk of anemia. The immune defenses are improved with the absorption of iron. This is especially beneficial to those who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet. Low levels of vitamin C can lead to impaired immunity and increased risk of infection.
- KEEPS BONE & CONNECTIVE TISSUE HEALTHY: Vitamin C, which is involved in many physiological processes in the body is also an essential cofactor for the production of collagen, tendon, ligament, and bone. Collagen production decreases with age and is often found to be present at marginal levels in people with arthritis. Vitamin C helps boost collagen synthesis and blocks inflammatory substances which can lead to pain and destruction to the joints.
- BENEFITS BRAIN HEALTH: Vitamin C supplements promote brain health through the production of neurotransmitters and regulating positive mood. Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers that carry commands from the brain and nervous system. Maintaining optimal levels of vitamin C is a good way to promote brain health. As a strong antioxidant, vitamin C reduces the risk of mental decline due to aging.
- SUPPORTS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH: The benefits of vitamin C range from immune support, skin health to a healthy heart. It supports cardio health by relaxing blood vessels and lowering blood pressure. Clinical studies have shown vitamin C to be effective in reducing bad cholesterol.
- CONFORMS TO NADA /WADA: Free from any doping ingredients as per NADA / WADA
Frequently Asked Questions on Vitamin C Capsules
- What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin, which means the body does not store this vitamin. Ascorbic acid functions as a cofactor, enzyme complement, co-substrate, and powerful antioxidant. Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals and toxins, attenuates inflammatory response, stabilizes vitamin E, enhances iron absorption, works as an essential cofactor for collagen biosynthesis.
- Why is vitamin C called an essential vitamin?
Vitamin C is classified as an essential vitamin because our body does not produce vitamin C on its own and needs to be consumed either through food or from a trusted vitamin C supplement. Unless one consumes plenty of vitamin C sources or relies on dietary supplements, it is difficult to get the recommended value of vitamin C.
- Is there a difference between natural and synthetic ascorbic acid?
No, unlike some vitamins, such as vitamin E, the natural and synthetic forms of ascorbic acid are identical. Dietary supplements typically contain vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid, which is chemically identical to natural vitamin C. Studies conducted to check the comparative bioavailability between synthetic and natural vitamin C have shown no differences between synthetic and natural vitamin C. Both food-derived and synthetic vitamin C are well known to increase non-heme iron uptake and body status, likely via its ability to reduce iron from ferric to the ferrous state.
- What are the causes of vitamin C deficiency?
Vitamin C deficiency usually arises due to decreased intake or increased requirements or losses. Persons at risk for inadequate intake of vitamin C include the elderly (who have less variety in their meals), those with alcohol use, those practicing fad diet, or unhealthy diet, those with presumed food allergies, those on restricted diets, those who smoke tobacco products, those taking medications such as aspirin, indomethacin, and tetracycline.
- What are the benefits of vitamin C?
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, essential cofactor for dietary iron absorption. Vitamin C is required for the biosynthesis of collagen, an important protein used to make skin, healing wounds, for the repair and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. As an important physiological antioxidant, vitamin C is required for the proper functioning of the immune system, cardiovascular function, growth, development, and repair of body tissues. Vitamin C has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body, including vitamin E. Vitamin C improves the absorption of nonheme iron, which is a form of iron present in plant-based foods.
- What is the need to supplement with vitamin C?
Vitamin C cannot be synthesized by humans due to the lack of enzyme gulonolactone oxidase. This means, the human body does not synthesize vitamin C on its own, nor does it store it since it is a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C should be consumed everyday because it is not fat-soluble, combining vitamin C with plant-based iron helps you absorb more iron from your food.
- What are some of the vitamin C deficiencies?
Consuming too little vitamin C can lead to signs and symptoms of deficiency including decreased ability to fight infection, anemia, nosebleeds, tooth decay, dry and splitting hair, rough, dry, scaly skin, painful joints, bleeding gums, cardiovascular ailments.
- How to consume vitamin C supplements?
Vitamin C supplement is best suggested to be taken with water because it is a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C is a safe supplement, but if you are someone taking multiple medications, it is advised to consult your physician before embarking on vitamin C supplementation.
- Do I need to take daily dose of vitamin C?
Yes. Intake of vitamin C via food may be limited with individuals not exposed to a varied diet and those prone to smoking and other bad habits. The water-soluble vitamin does not get stored in the body tissues or muscles but instead gets expelled through urine. Vitamin C is among the less stable vitamins. Cooking vegetables or fruits containing vitamin C easily destroy this vitamin. Frying or baking vegetables destroy vitamin C, this can affect overall vitamin C levels in the body. Regular supplementation with vitamin C helps you get the daily adequate levels of vitamin C in the body.
- How much vitamin C should one consume daily?
The recommended daily allowance of vitamin C is 75mg-90mg per day for adults. Since your body does not absorb 100% of the vitamin you consume, higher doses of vitamin C (up to 1000mg) are often recommended for best results. The upper intake of vitamin C is 2000mg per day. Taking a vitamin C supplement can ensure an optimal amount of this nutrient.
- Does vitamin C cause any side effects?
Vitamin C toxicity is very rare because the body cannot store this vitamin. However, amounts greater than 2000mg/day are not recommended because such high doses can lead to stomach upset and diarrhea.
- Why is vitamin C important for immunity?
Vitamin C is popularly known for its immune-boosting properties, it contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system. Vitamin C supports epithelial barrier function against pathogens, it promotes the ability of the cells to initiate protective cellular defenses. Vitamin C plays a vital role in boosting immune function by stimulating white blood cell production, which are important immune cells that help fight infections. Vitamin C boosts antibody levels in the body which are proteins that help detect the invading microorganisms, bind to them, and neutralize them.
- Does vitamin C supplementation help boost skin health?
Yes. One of the greatest aspects of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is producing collagen. Vitamin C is an essential precursor to collagen, the protein that keeps our skin healthy. Our body’s production of collagen reduces with age which can lead to the appearance of fine lines, sagging of skin. The deficiency of vitamin C impacts the body’s ability to make collagen, the adequate intake of vitamin C promotes faster wound healing, skin tightening, work towards reducing puffiness, and reducing signs of aging. As a potent antioxidant, vitamin C fights the free radical damage caused on the skin by sun and pollution, brightens the skin, improves skin texture, helps fade away dark spots, and dullness.
- Does vitamin C help reduce hyperpigmentation?
Yes. Vitamin C has excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C helps combat the signs of aging, fights free radical damage caused on the skin by pollution and sun, reduces wrinkles, evens out skin tone, and makes skin look healthy and youthful. Vitamin C inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase, which is responsible for converting tyrosine into melanin, thus preventing hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C is also very effective in preventing the occurrence of acne, dark spots, dullness, it plays a role in the formation of keratinocytes – the cells needed to close up a wound on the skin’s surface.
- Does vitamin C help boost hair health?
Yes. The free radicals get accumulated on your scalp due to the environmental pollutants which create a negative impact on your hair causing dry, frizzy, and brittle hair. The powerful antioxidant properties of vitamin C helps to fight the free radicals that cause damage to the hair and make your hair look healthy and shiny. Besides, vitamin C helps your body absorb non-heme iron, a necessary mineral for hair growth. Its collagen promoting ability further contributes to better circulation and strong hair growth.
- How does vitamin C boost absorption of iron?
There are basically 2 forms of dietary iron: heme iron and non-heme iron. Non-heme iron is found in plant-based foods whereas heme iron is the one that comes from the animal protein in our diet. Heme iron is absorbed in a faster rate than non-heme iron, meaning which the body easily absorbs iron from animal products than iron derived from plant foods. Vitamin C significantly increases the absorption of this type of iron by converting iron into a more easily absorbed form. Vitamin C supplementation is particularly beneficial for vegetarians and vegans who might naturally have a lower amount of iron consumption in their diet.
- Does vitamin C supplementation help improve anemia?
Iron plays a role in making red blood cells and increases the body’s ability to carry oxygen through the blood and its deficiency can lead to anemia. Iron contributes to keeping the immune defenses healthy and strong. Vitamin C has been shown to significantly improve the absorption of iron into the body and can reduce the risk of anemia.
- What is the expiry date of the supplement?
The vitamin C supplement is ideal to be consumed within 18 months from the date of manufacturing.
- How much vitamin C does a single capsule offer?
AS-IT-IS vitamin C capsules deliver 500mg of vitamin C per serving. The vitamin C capsules are formulated to support maximum assimilation within the body. The vitamin C capsules are 3rd party lab-tested, are free of gluten, soy, dairy, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives.
- Are the capsules made of gelatin?
The capsules are made of cellulose.