6 Best Leg Workouts For Women – Using No Equipment
Posted on April 12 2020
Women are often known for their excellent time management skills, yet in today’s busy life, a lot of countless things can make a hectic schedule for women. When such is the case, you begin prioritizing on things and give up on your dreams. Yes or no, ladies?
Was it your dream to achieve tight, toned legs and slimmer thighs but you gave up on it running short on time in the fast-moving days? Well, a lot of women write to us about their wish to achieve toned legs. The obese women feel it intimidating to go the gym and lift weights, the working women say they are too busy to find time to go the gym, the nursing women have a different concern, the homemaker is exhausted with the toddler at home, certain other women complain they stay somewhere where they have no access to the gym.
This article is for all those women who think achieving toned, attractive legs as a distant dream…Today, I have come with a set of workout plan to make your dream come true…
Now, when I say workout, don’t imagine those leg press machine, stair climber or a squat bar. Cheer up, ladies, the solution to achieve your goal need not be complicated. The simple bodyweight leg exercises what I am going to suggest you today do not require any gym membership, don’t require you to wear gym shoes, gym apparels which could be yet another time-consuming process for you.
Benefits Of Leg Exercise For Women
Your being busy should not be synonymous to being sedentary. Keeping aesthetic benefits aside, strengthening your legs plays a role in most fitness goals- whether you are a runner, you lift weights or you are a homemaker. If you find that you sit for long hours during the day, training your legs is a great way to activate the muscles that are inactive when sitting.
1. Building lower body strength positively impacts the upper body strength.
2. Leg muscles are the biggest muscle group in your body, by working and growing them, you’ll benefit from a whole heap of health benefits.
3. Challenging these larger muscles requires more energy, it also helps to accelerate your metabolism.
4. Will help boost the calories you burn, helping to burn fat, create firmer legs and sculpt your buttocks.
5. Increased strength, better athleticism, enhanced muscle definition and healthier body composition.
The exercises you are going to learn today are suitable for every type of women, these bodyweight workouts help you to aim at consistency. All you need to do is spend 30 minutes of your time a day to achieve sculpted legs. Perform each of the suggested exercises 10-12 repetitions per exercise. Other than that add protein-rich food to your diet and kick out all the artificial sugar and stay hydrated.
Come on, let’s make it happen with the perfect leg workout plans…
The below workouts focus on 3 of the main muscle groups in legs:
> Quads (front leg muscles)
> Hamstrings (back leg muscles)
> Glutes (hip muscles).
As with any strength workout, you need to start with a little warm-up to activate the muscles you’ll workout.
1. BODYWEIGHT SQUAT
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Pull your navel in towards your spine, squat by bending at your knee and reaching your glutes back as if you were sitting in a chair. 3. Stay for a second, press down through your heels to stand back up straight. 4. Squeeze your butt and keep your core tight when you get up. 5. For an effective squat workout, try and go as low as possible such that your thighs are parallel to the floor. If you find it tough to go low in the beginning, do not try too hard.
2. LYING SINGLE LEG RAISES
1. Lay down with your legs and back flat on the ground. 2. Your arms should be placed to your side and your head and neck should be relaxed on the mat. 3. Now, keeping your legs straight, raise your right leg with feet pointing straight in the air. 4. Hold for 2 seconds and then return to the starting position. 5. Repeat the movement with the alternate leg. https://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=gSi8z1gIdC8
3. CURTSY LUNGES
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-distance apart keeping your arms at your sides. 2. Draw a semicircle with your right foot in a clockwise direction until it crosses behind the left foot. 3. Keeping your right toe tucked, clap your hands together at your chest. 4. Push your left heel to stand and bring your right leg back to start. 5. Now, step your left leg behind and to the right so that your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you are curtsying. 6. Return to the starting position and switch sides.
4. SINGLE-LEG CALF RAISES
1. Stand straight, step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross. 2. Lift the heel of your right foot by extending ankle as high as you can, giving your right calf an extra squeeze at the top. 3. Pause here for 2 seconds and then lower yourself back to the starting position and continue with the opposite leg. 4. You can use a bench, wall or a stick for balance.
5. REVERSE LUNGES WITH KNEE LIFTS
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Take a step back with your right foot with your knees bent to create two 90-degree angles (your back knees hovers off the floor). 3. Extend your both knees and transfer your weight onto the left foot. 4. Push your left heel to return to the standing. 5. As you stand up, thrust your right knee towards your chest. 6. Release your right leg from your chest and place it on the floor. 7. Repeat on the other side.
6. SIDE LUNGES
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and toes pointed forward. 2. Take a big step out to your right. 3. Now bend your right knee and push your butt back. 4. You will be shifting your bodyweight to one leg bending the knee until it reaches a 90-degree angle. 5. Your left leg has to be straight while doing this, your chest lifted and core tight. 6. Repeat the same move on the other side. 7. Rather than the traditional lunge movement of forward and backward, you’ll recruit your thigh muscles here which helps to work on your balance and stability. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvqLVxYqEvo
What is important in the end ladies, is consistency and a commitment to stick with your exercise plan…
Follow all the suggestions above and check how the super-effective workouts will have your legs in great shape…
*Fitness videos have been borrowed from youtube
Also read: Top 5 Strength Training Workouts For Women
Follow our Instagram page for the latest updates: badalkhudko