6 Best Arm Strengthening Exercises With Dumbbells
Posted on June 30 2021
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder apart.
o the images of bodybuilders pitched by fitness magazines and the wall-posters of fitness models on your gym walls always catch your attention? Something that’s most noticeable and drives attention about men who train is the bigger arms that they have. The pumped-up biceps and triceps with sleeves riding high on their arms will no doubt drive everyone’s attention to it.
Have you not built stronger, more defined arms yet? Is it your dream to achieve one? Then your dream can come true with 6 of the best dumbbell strength training workouts suggested in this blog.
The exercises suggested in this blog will help fire 3 key muscle groups, your deltoids (shoulders), biceps (the insides of your upper arms), and triceps (the backs of your upper arms).
ONE-ARMED DUMBBELL ROW
1. To perform this exercise, you’ll need a bench or a sturdy thigh-high platform to lean on when doing the exercise.
2. Place a dumbbell of your desired weight on the floor to one side of the bench.
3. Put your right knee and right hand on the bench and grab the far side of the bench with your right hand.
4. Bend over to pick the dumbbell keeping your upper body parallel with the ground.
5. Hold the dumbbell with your right hand with a neutral grip with your arm extended and back straight.
6. Pull your abdominals in and bring the dumbbell to your chest with your hand coming outside of your ribcage.
7. See that your chest is still and your neck is neutral (this means looking down, not up or forward) as you lift.
8. Do 10 reps on one arm before switching to the other arm. Perform 2 sets of 10 rep on both arms.
SIDE LATERAL RAISES
1. Stand straight up holding your desired weight dumbbells in each hand by your sides.
2. Make sure the dumbbells are not touching your body, you should be holding the dumbbells slightly off your body so as to keep tension on the side delt.
3. Slowly raise the dumbbells up to your shoulder height by not letting your wrists go above elbows.
4. When you’re at the top of the movement, your body will appear like letter‘t’.
5. Pause at the top for a moment and then slowly lower the weights at a controlled pace back to the starting position.
6. Perform this exercise for 3 sets of 10 reps.
DUMBBELL BICEP CURL
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms hanging down at your sides holding a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Keeping your upper body stable, your core engaged, bend your arm at the elbow, and lift the dumbbell all the way up to your shoulders.
3. Once at the top of the move, curl your arm upward.
4. Slowly reverse the dumbbell, lower your arm and repeat on the other arm.
5. Complete 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions.
DUMBBELL TRICEP EXTENSION
1. Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell with both hands.
2. Lift the dumbbell directly overhead. Lower the dumbbell behind your head until your arms are just lower than 90 degrees.
3. Your elbows should be pointed forward, not out to the sides.
See that your chest stays aligned over the hips and your back does not arch.
4. The weight should not touch the back of the head when it is in its lowest position.
5. Reverse the movement by bringing the weights back to the starting position.
6. Repeat the movement 10-12 times for 3 reps.
DUMBBELL HAMMER CURL
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder apart.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, letting your arms hang by your sides with your palms facing towards your body.
3. Keeping your elbows close to your body, slowly raise the dumbbell by curling the forearms towards your body up to your shoulders.
4. Pause for a moment at the top of the lift to hold the contraction.
5. Slowly lower the dumbbell to the starting position under control.
6. Perform this exercise for 3 sets of 10 reps on each arm.
DUMBBELL SPIDER CURL
1. Adjust a flat bench to a 45-degree inclined angle.
2. Lean against the bench so that your chest is supported. Keep the ball of your feet on the ground for additional support.
3. Engage your core and grab the dumbbells with your palms facing away from your body.
4. Allow your arms to hang down extended perpendicular to the floor in front of your body.
5. Your chin should remain tucked throughout the movement.
6. While keeping your upper arms still, curl your biceps and bend your elbows until your lower arms contact your upper arms.
7. The curl should finish close to your shoulders without contacting your shoulders.
8. Slowly straighten your elbows to return to the starting position.
9. Perform this workout for 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
Nothing beats dumbbell workouts in building sleeve-bursting high-profile muscular arms…
Guys, you don’t have to simply wish for bigger arms when you can actually pack on the powerful punch with the best arm strengthening workouts suggested in this blog…