AS-IT-IS Vitamin C Powder as Antioxidant for Skin - 100g
Get Extra 3% off on Prepaid Orders
- Safest & Most Bioavailable Nutrient
- 100% Pure, GMP-Certified
- Highly Effective Antioxidant
- Mix Vitamin C Powder With Regular Moisturizer & Apply It On Skin
- Add 5g Vitamin C Powder In Juices, Salads, Cereals & Dishes
- Country of Origin : India
In case there is a problem with the product, we will replace the product or refund the entire amount plus return shipping charges. We will initiate the process within 48 to 72 hours. The amount will be refunded within 7 to 10 working days. Please note that we must be notified of the problem through Phone or e-mail within 24 hours of your receiving the product. Our team will do thorough research before approving a refund/replacement. Customers are requested to have an unboxing video ready for claiming damages. If there is no issue with the product, the same product will be sent back, and shipping charges will be applicable. The customers are requested not to accept the parcel if the outer box is tampered (damaged).
Please note that the product should be unused and should be sent back along with the original box and invoice to:
Melting Pot Concepts Private Limited,
No. 104/4, 1st cross,Timber Yard layout, Avalahalli, Mysore Road Bengaluru: 560026 ,
Terms and Conditions:
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this Site.
Your use of the asitisnutrition.com website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use this Site. "Content" refers to any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on our website, including trademarks, service marks and logos. We may, at any time change the Site and these terms and conditions. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your acceptance of such change. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you use the Site.
Trademark and Copyright Notice. All of the Content on the Site is subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International or one of its affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to us.
Use:You may use the Content of the Site only for your personal, noncommercial use. The content is for informational purposes only.
Copying, downloading, reproducing, modifying, publishing, distributing, transmitting, transferring or creating derivative works from the Content without the prior written consent of Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International is strictly prohibited. We hereby grant permission to you to download, print and store selected portions of the Content for your own personal, non- commercial use. You can not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media, and you can not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you download from the Site.
Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to Sites owned or operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your reference only and we do not control such Sites and we are not responsible for their content. We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party Site at any time and the fact that we provide a Link does not mean that we endorse, authorize or sponsor that Site.
We will be sending promotional Sms and emails to our customers.
Customers can cancel the prepaid orders within 12 hours, before the order is dispatched. Transaction charges & courier charges applicable if the order is shipped.
Once the cancellation is initiated within 7 to 10 working days amount will be refunded.
Transaction charges applicable for prepaid orders.(if the order is cancelled)
Courier charges & transaction charges applicable for returning the product.
Comments: We welcome your comments, notes, messages, ideas, feedback, suggestions or other communications (collectively, "Comments") concerning the Site, which shall be and remain the exclusive property of Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Medizen Labs Pvt. Ltd International will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, only send us comments which you desire to assign to us.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition (By Melting Pot Concepts Private Limited)
No. 104/4, 3rd Floor, 1st cross, timber yard layout, avalahalli, Mysore Road Bangalore, 560026 Karnataka, India
Contact: +91-9741933033 Monday to Saturday ( 9.30 am - 06.00 pm)
Contact: +91-7829108777 Monday to Saturday ( 9.30 am - 06.00 pm)
Vitamin C Powder
- A VITAMIN ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE: Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid is one of the most popular water-soluble micronutrients with profound effects on health maintenance and well-being. It functions as a cofactor of several enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters. It plays a vital role as an immune booster, essential for healing wounds, maintaining the integrity of gums, bones, and teeth, most notably skin.
- STRONG ANTIOXIDANT: Vitamin C is a highly effective antioxidant due to its ability to donate electrons, thus protecting important biomolecules like proteins, lipids, carbohydrates from damage caused by free radicals and through exposure to toxins and pollutants. Studies have revealed that exercise-induced oxidative stress is highest in people with lower levels of vitamin C. Consuming Vitamin C increases your body’s antioxidant levels by up to 30%.
- BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM: Deficiencies of micronutrients are emerging as the limiting factors in ensuring optimal health. Vitamin C deficiency leads to impaired immunity and higher susceptibility to infections. Vitamin C regulates the immune system because of its antioxidant properties and its role in the collagen synthesis required for the stabilization of epithelial barriers. It has been revealed to enhance the differentiation and proliferation of B and T-cells.
- SUPPORTS OPTIMAL BONE HEALTH: Vitamin C plays an important role as support in the mechanism involved in bone health and maintenance of adequate bone density. Vitamin C helps in the absorption of calcium, a mineral essential for healthy bones. It increases the production of collagen needed for matrix formation. Vitamin C helps establish bone health in premenopausal women and old-age individuals in whom higher levels of vitamin C are needed in order to protect against bone loss.
- HELPS MAINTAIN HEALTHY SKIN: Ascorbic acid in powder form is a more stable and effective form of vitamin C in skincare. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals, plays a role in the skin’s natural regeneration process, and repairs damaged skin cells. The topical application of vitamin C offsets daily aggressors like UV damage, exposure to air pollution. Vitamin C boosts collagen (naturally occurring skin protein) production that keeps skin plump and firm.
- HELPS INCREASE IRON ABSORPTION: Vitamin C has been convincingly shown to stimulate the absorption of non-heme iron from the diet by two mechanisms, reduction of ferric to ferrous iron (the form required for uptake into the cells), by prevention of the formation of insoluble and unabsorbable iron compounds. Vitamin C counteracts the influence of phytates and polyphenols that bind iron ions and inhibit iron absorption.
- CONFORMS TO NADA /WADA: Free from any doping ingredients as per NADA / WADA
Frequently Asked Questions On Vitamin C Powder
- What is vitamin C (ascorbic acid)?
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid is an essential, highly bioavailable, water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C is naturally synthesized in the livers of most mammals, however, humans lack an enzyme required for the internal production of vitamin C. Adequate dietary intake of vitamin C is required because our body does not naturally synthesize it in the body nor is it stored in the body as it is a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C is a major antioxidant in the body, functions as a cofactor for collagen, Carnitine, and neurotransmitter synthesis, boosts immunity, skin health, bone health, and is essential for iron absorption.
- Is there a difference between natural and synthetic vitamin C (ascorbic acid)?
No, natural and synthetic vitamin C (ascorbic acid) are chemically identical, and the competitive studies on bioavailability indicate that there have not been differences in their biological activity.
- What is the importance of including vitamin C supplements in your diet?
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, which dissolves in water and is delivered to the body’s tissues, but is not stored in the body. Regular supplementation with vitamin C helps meet the optimal serum levels of this vitamin and prevents the occurrence of vitamin C-related deficiencies. Vitamin C is involved in many bodily functions, it is required for the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C is required for the growth and repair of tissues of the body, it is used for building tendons, ligaments, muscles, cartilages, it’s an important cofactor in the absorption of iron.
- What causes vitamin C deficiency?
There are several reasons why vitamin C dietary recommendations are not met. Poor dietary habits, alcoholism, anorexia, lack of well-being, exposure to pollutants and smoke, lifestyle limiting the intake of micronutrients, limited access to nutritious food, those on a restricted diet or eating an unbalanced diet, those facing periods of excessive physical or physiological stress may suffer from vitamin C deficiency.
- Should I take vitamin C (ascorbic acid) alone or with food?
With respect to the bioavailability of the vitamin, there are no known advantages or disadvantages to taking vitamin C (ascorbic acid) alone or with food. It is perfectly fine to take vitamin C at any time of the day, with or without food, however, the water-soluble vitamins are said to get absorbed better on an empty stomach. Taking vitamin C with foods can help reduce the potential gastrointestinal side effects caused by its high acidity.
- Who can consume vitamin C supplements?
Vitamin C supplementation is suitable for every health-conscious person, especially for those who do not have access to a varied diet or those prone to bad habits like smoking who are at risk of developing vitamin C deficiency. Those with presumed food allergies, those on a restricted diet, elderly people, those with alcohol use will especially benefit from vitamin C supplementation. For adults, the recommended daily amount of vitamin C is 65 to 90 mg a day, and the upper limit is 2000 mg a day.
- Does vitamin C cause any side effects?
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is generally considered safe at high doses because excess vitamin C gets excreted in the urine. Vitamin C toxicity is very rare, however, doses greater than 2000mg per day may cause nausea, diarrhea, and stomach cramps.
- What are the benefits of vitamin C (ascorbic acid)?
Vitamin C is a highly effective antioxidant, protecting essential molecules in the body, such as proteins, lipids, DNA, and RNA from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species that can be generated during normal metabolism as well as through exposure to toxins and pollutants. Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bone. Vitamin C is important for healthy immune function, skin health, cardiovascular function, growth, and repair of body tissues, and absorption of non-heme iron.
- What is the benefit of vitamin C for eye health?
Our eyes are particularly susceptible to oxidative damage due to exposure to light. The eyes have a particularly high metabolic rate, thus there is a need for antioxidant protection. Regular intake of vitamin C may offer great protection against age-related vision dysfunction. Vitamin C with its collagen-making ability not just provides structure to the eyes, but the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory role of the vitamin enables defense against cataracts, which are caused by long-term oxidative damage to the natural lens of the eye.
- What is the benefit of vitamin C for heart health?
Studies suggest that higher plasma levels of vitamin C have been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease. Vitamin C has been shown to improve nitric oxide production of the endothelium, which, in turn, increases vasodilation, reducing blood pressure. Regular intake of vitamin C may prevent apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cells, keeps your arteries flexible, and thereby boosts oxygen-carrying capacity. Vitamin C supplementation helps maximize its concentration in neutrophils, where it reduces reactive oxygen species produced during phagocytosis.
- What are the common symptoms of vitamin C deficiency?
Some of the common symptoms of vitamin C deficiency include tiredness, joint, and muscle pain, easily getting bruised, dryness of skin, split-ends in hair, swelling of gums, poor healing of wounds, difficulty in fighting infections, and iron-deficiency anemia.
- How to store vitamin C powder?
Store the vitamin C dietary supplement in a dry place in its original container. You may transfer the content into an air-tight container in case you like and store it at room temperature away from direct light, keep from freezing.
- How to add vitamin C into your daily skin care routine?
Vitamin C powder is best suitable for those who don’t prefer to swallow capsules for various reasons. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is proven to be effective in penetrating the skin barrier. Both oral consumption and topical use of ascorbic acid have beneficial effects on skin health. Applying vitamin C topically feeds you’re a skin protective antioxidant that fights free radical damage and inflammation caused by sun, pollution and other factors. Simply mix a pinch of vitamin C into your moisturizer, lotion, serum, sunscreen to impart environmental protection before heading out for the day. You can apply vitamin C to your entire face or as a spot treatment. You can mix 5g of vitamin C powder into fruit juices, protein shakes, salads, oatmeal, cereals and consume.
- How does vitamin C benefit skin health?
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps neutralize free radical that can damage skin, it helps in skin’s natural regeneration process, helps repair damaged skin cells. The topical application of vitamin C offsets daily aggressors like UV damage, exposure to air pollution. Vitamin C helps boost collagen production (naturally occurring skin protein that keeps skin plump and firm) and keeps skin cells healthy.
- Does vitamin C have a role in bone health?
Vitamin C increases the production of collagen needed for matrix formation, it helps in the maintenance of adequate bone density. Vitamin C supplementation is particularly beneficial for old age individuals and postmenopausal women, in whom higher levels of vitamin C are needed to protect bone loss. Studies have shown a positive relationship between vitamin C and bone health, indicated by bone mineral density, fracture probability, and bone turnover markers. Vitamin C deficiency has been shown to impair bone health due to increased osteoclast formation and decreased bone formation.
- What is the role of vitamin C in boosting immunity?
Vitamin C has been established as an essential part of our immune system, it boosts the immune system, reduces allergic reactions, helps fight infection. Vitamin C supports epithelial barrier function against pathogens and promotes the oxidant scavenging activity of the skin, thereby potentially protecting against environmental oxidative stress. Vitamin C deficiency results in impaired immunity and higher susceptibility to infections. Supplementation with vitamin C helps protect from respiratory infections. Regular intake of vitamin C boosts the plasma levels of vitamin C and reduces the chances of respiratory infections. Vitamin C improves the phagocytic properties and activity of various immune cells including neutrophils, natural killer cells, macrophages, and lymphocytes.
- Does vitamin C improve skin texture?
Yes, vitamin C is a powerhouse vitamin known for its skin rejuvenating properties. Vitamin C effectively promotes free radical damage on the skin, prevents UV damage, reduces pigmentation, inflammation. Vitamin C promotes collagen production which keeps skin supple, free of wrinkles, sagginess, and other signs of aging. Vitamin C brightens the skin, evens out of skin tone, enhances skin radiance, and fades dark spots. Vitamin C supplementation encourages healthy skin cell turnover and regeneration.
- Does vitamin C offer protection against UV damage?
Prolonged sun exposure can cause skin issues like discolored patches and skin dryness. The UV-light exposure induces damage by generating free radicals, the free radicals have the potential to start a chain reaction that damages skin cells. Exposure to UV light increases vitamin C transport proteins in keratinocytes, suggesting an increased need for vitamin C uptake for adequate protection. Vitamin C limits the damage caused induced by UV exposure by blocking UV light. The topical application of vitamin C reduces the number of sunburned cells, reduces DNA damage induced by UV exposure.
- Does vitamin C reduce wrinkles on the skin?
Yes, apart from regulating collagen production, vitamin C fights wrinkles and can also reverse some of the age-related structural changes in the interface between the dermis (layer of skin under epidermis) and epidermis (thin, outer layer of the skin). Vitamin C supplementation gives a boost to natural regeneration, keeps it looking soft, supple, youthful, firm, and glowing.
- Is vitamin C helpful to prevent skin dryness?
Your skin needs to be moisturized in order to protect itself from harsh environmental conditions. When the outer layer of the skin loses water, it leads to itching, cracking, and dryness. Vitamin C has been found to promote the synthesis of barrier lipids, which would establish a functioning epidermis thereby minimizing the trans-epidermal water loss. While the regular commercial moisturizer only treats dry skin conditions from outside, studies have revealed that higher intakes of vitamin C have been correlated with a decreased risk of dry skin. Vitamin C when ingested significantly helps increase iron absorption which increases the body’s ability to carry oxygen through the blood. Better oxygenated skin looks healthy and smooth.
- Is vitamin C helpful in preventing hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation refers to dark patches of skin, a condition that results when the skin produces too much melanin. The synthesis of melanin occurs in the melanocytes of the basal layer of the epidermis and can be transferred to keratinocytes so that melanin is distributed throughout the outer skin layer. Although vitamin C does not kill melanocytes, it does inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase, which is responsible for converting tyrosine into melanin, thus contributes to preventing hyperpigmentation, lighten scars, makes skin look plump and even skin tone.
- Does vitamin C promote collagen production?
Yes. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and comprises 1/3rd of the total protein. Vitamin C works as a co-factor for the hydroxylation of proline that stabilizes collagen molecule structure. Collagen helps strengthen our bones, provides structure to most of our body, and is responsible for maintaining the skin’s integrity and elasticity. Including vitamin C powder in your diet or applying it as a paste on the face will encourage natural collagen production. Increased collagen production will slow down the aging process and provide the skin with a radiant, firmer look.
- What is the expiry date of vitamin C powder?
The vitamin C powder is ideal for consumption within 12 months from the date of packaging.